Poll: Which Rock Guitar Legend Would You Most Want to Take a Lesson With?

Posted by Michael Mueller on February 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I've been very fortunate in my former gigs at Guitar One and Guitar Edge magazines to have either conducted or sat in on lessons with some of the greatest guitarists on the planet, including Billy Gibbons, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Mark Tremonti, Neal Schon, Zakk Wylde, Steve Lukather, Eric Johnson, Dave Mustaine, Mike Stern, Vernon Reid, and John 5, to name just a few. And when asked about the coolest thing I'd ever done in the business, it had to be jamming with AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm Young in a New York City hotel room for a lesson I conducted back in 2003.

So, if you had the chance to have a lesson with one of rock guitar's greatest living legends, who would you choose? Vote now, or leave a comment if he/she isn't on the list.

Send to Friend | Back to Blog Home

Comments

Guitarfever73 on February 7, 2011 at 6:04 PM

You should add Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser to that list, of Rock Guitar Legends not only is he a brilliant song writter, and guitarist he also has a great voice, an unbeatable combination. I would be honored if I ever got a chance to be able to jam with Buck. He is my favorite guitarist. Thanks

ghodson849 on February 6, 2011 at 10:55 AM

My favorite guitarist is Joe Bonamassa. I think he is the best guitrist. It would be awesome to sit down with him for a lesson.

Joe flores on February 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I will vote for carlos santana. I choose santana cause that one note that carlos sustain ring on for ever,I like to meet him and get a live lesson or just to hook-up with Carlos Santana. Ha Ha Thank-you

jwoods986 on February 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Out of those choices, I went with Steve Howe, as he is probably the most schooled on the list and could give you the most useful lesson, IMO. My write-in choice would be Satch.

Dougguitar on February 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

My write:in vote would go to Steve Morse. As a formally educated guitarist himself, I think he'd make a great teacher.