Guitar Tab Support
GuitarInstructor.com sells digital song transcriptions that you can view on-screen or download to your printer.
This web site is dedicated to the guitarist, so all of the songs available for printing on this website are written for the guitarist. You won't find any music for piano, accordion, or recorder. Here, it's all guitar, all the time!
WHAT IS GUITAR TAB?
Guitar tablature, or tab, for short, is a notation system for guitar. In tab, numbers representing fret locations are placed on horizontal lines that represent the six strings of the guitar, with the top line representing the high E string, and the bottom line the low E string. You can download a complete guitar tab notation guide here.
WHAT ARE ALL THE GUITAR TAB FORMATS?
Our Guitar Tabs fall into four distinct formats:
- Guitar Tab - In this format are note-for-note transcriptions, containing every guitar part in the song. Most of our guitar tab sheets come from the Hal Leonard Guitar Recorded Version (GRV) series??the industry standard for accurate guitar tab.
- Guitar Rhythm Tab - This format is the same as our regular note-for-note Guitar Tab, but features only a tab staff with rhythm stems attached, with no standard notation.
- Guitar Tab Play-Along - These sheets are also typically note for note accurate, but they are arranged so that a single guitar player can play the entire song, which means some second and third guitar parts are left out.
- Easy Guitar Tab - This format is aimed at beginner guitarists and usually features the main or vocal melody of the song, along with the backing chords.
- Guitar Lead Sheet - This brand-new format combines the simplicity of a chords/lyrics sheet with "rhythm tab" (a tablature staff with rhythm flags and symbols attached) for key riffs and fills. This "lead sheet" format is popular with guitarists who want or need to learn the basic structure of a song but intend to improvise their own fills and solos, often in cover band or wedding band settings.
- Solo Guitar - These sheets contain arrangements of popular songs for solo guitar performance, usually in fingerpicking or jazz chord melody formats.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET THEM?
Our Song Transcriptions (i.e., guitar tab, solo guitar, guitar chords/lyrics, etc.) are in PDF format, which is displayed in most web browsers via the free Adobe Reader plug-in.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A PDF VIEWER?
If you click to view any of our Song Transcriptions and can view our tab on-screen, you have a PDF reader installed. If you cannot view any music, we recommend Adobe Reader, which you can download here.